The Research Room hours for the Christmas and New Year's Holidays are as follows:
- Monday, December 24th - Closed
- Tuesday, December 25th - Closed
- Monday, December 31st - 9 a.m. - Noon
- Tuesday, January 1st - Closed
Research Room Hours
Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - noon & 1 - 4:30 p.m.
Closed Saturday, Sunday, and Federal holidays
- You are encouraged to contact the Library via email or telephone (214-346-1557) before making a research visit, so staff are better prepared to assist you.
- Researchers do not need to purchase an admission ticket unless visiting the Museum.
- Enter through the Museum entrance and report to the Admissions Desk. A clerk will notify an archivist who will help you begin your research.
- Anyone can use the Research Room; you do not need to be a U.S. citizen, or present credentials or a letter of recommendation.
- Review the regulations for using the National Archives.
- You must be at least 14 years old to do research, unless you receive special permission or are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- New researchers will be issued a researcher identification card. You must have a valid photo ID to obtain a researcher ID card.
- New researchers are required to view an orientation presentation before working with any records.
- Use the Finding Aids to view open records currently available for research.
Only checks and credit cards accepted.
- Self-Service Photocopies (standard size) - 25¢ per page
- Self-Service Photocopies (oversize) - 50¢ per page
- Photocopy orders completed by NARA Staff - 80¢ per page
- CD of images from digital camera - $5 per CD
Follow these guidelines for citations for records retrieved from the George W. Bush Presidential Library.
President George W. Bush ran with U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Christian Bagge of Eugene, Oregon, on the South Lawn, June 27, 2006. President Bush met Sgt. Bagge at Brooke Army Medical Center January 1, 2006, where he promised to run with Sgt. Bagge after the soldier's recovery.
Courtesy George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum. (P062706ED-0139)
The Library and Museum is a Federal agency; therefore, weapons are not allowed in the building. Upon entry, all visitors must pass through a security check with a metal detector. All weapons, including guns, knives, multipurpose tools, and stun-guns, will be confiscated and not returned.
All bags are X-rayed, and potentially, searched by security staff. Inform the security staff that you are conducting research so your bag may be stowed in a locker in the Researcher Orientation Room. To enter the Research Room, all bags must be stowed in a locker.
George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum
2943 SMU Blvd, Dallas, TX 75205
Phone: 214-346-1557 Fax: 214-346-1558
Top of Page