For exhibit information or assistance, ask one of our friendly and knowledgeable Docents. These volunteer guides can be identified
by their navy blazers.
- Weekday afternoons are the least crowded.
- The Museum and the Research Room are closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day.
- The parking lot is located across from the Museum entrance on SMU Blvd.
- Allow at least 1½ hours to tour the Museum so schedule your arrival accordingly.
- Be prepared for the Security Check. All visitors must pass through a security check with a metal detector.
- Check out the Admission page for group deals and discounts.
- Free admission is available to school groups if the School Field Trip has been scheduled through our Visitor Services at least 1 month in advance.
- Take advantage of our Museum Docents. These volunteer guides are more than willing to share their extensive knowledge of U.S. history and the Presidency.
- If the weather is nice, enjoy the Native Texas Park behind the Bush Center. This 15-acre park is free and open to the public every day of the year, from sunrise to sunset. Free guided tours are offered in the spring and fall.
- If you plan to visit other Presidential Libraries, consider purchasing a Presidential Libraries Passport as a unique souvenir.
To make your experience safe and enjoyable, be prepared for the Security Check. The Bush Presidential Library is a U.S. Federal agency; weapons are not allowed. Upon entry, all visitors must pass through a security check with a metal detector. All weapons, including guns, knife blades that exceed 2 1/2 inches in length, multipurpose tools, and stun-guns, will be confiscated and not returned. All bags are X-rayed, and possibly, searched. Bags larger than 19" tall x 10" wide x 9" deep must be stored in the coat room. Ask a Docent (volunteer guide) for assistance.
Only animals defined by the ADA as Service Animals are allowed into the Museum. Pets are not allowed.
- The Museum is fully accessible according to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Wheelchairs are available free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis. Ask a Docent (volunteer guide) for assistance.
- Wheelchairs cannot leave the Museum's secure area. They may not be taken to Cafe 43, the Museum Store, to the street for pick-up or drop-off, or to the Freedom Plaza fountain.
- Motorized scooters are allowed.
- Video presentations are closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- Only animals defined by the ADA as Service Animals are allowed into the Museum.
- Pets are not allowed inside the building; however, they are allowed in the Native Texas Park.
- Handicap parking is located in the parking lot immediately across from the Museum entrance on SMU Blvd.
- For a sign language interpreter, email email@example.com at least 2 weeks prior to your visit.
Handheld audio guides are included in admission. Check out the Bush Center’s Mobile App with information about the Museum galleries, films, and video and audio tours, before your visit.
- The Library and Museum is located inside the Bush Center on the campus of Southern Methodist University (SMU).
- Parking is located across from the Museum entrance on SMU Blvd. Payment may be made by credit or debit card upon exit from the lot.
- See Directions and Parking for maps, driving directions, DART public transportation information, and parking information.
Flash photography is prohibited. Ask a Docent (volunteer guide) if there are photography restrictions in the special exhibits.
Please be aware that events and activities at the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum may be filmed and/or photographed. Your attendance constitutes authorization of the use of your photograph, voice, or other likeness for purposes related to the Library, including but not limited to marketing and promotion in both print and electronic forms.
Chaperones must remain with younger visitors when in the exhibit galleries, classroom, Cafe43 and courtyard, and Museum Store as well as when on the Bush Center grounds.
The Bush Center Museum Store offers memorabilia, apparel, and gifts. For details, call 214-200-4304.
Food and beverages including candy, gum, and water bottles are prohibited in the Museum. Dining options at the Bush Center include the full-service Cafe 43 restaurant and the casual, outdoor Courtyard Cafe. Neither require Museum admission.
See News and Events and Classroom Resources for information about special Library and Museum programming.
Save 40% on admission to the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum, plus 3 more top city attractions: Perot Museum of Nature and Science, Reunion Tower GeO-Deck, Dallas Zoo OR The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza. You'll skip most ticket lines, too. Valid 9 days. Purchase printable and mobile direct vouchers at citypass.com or buy at the Museum admission desk for the same low price. LEARN MORE.
Visitor Services Coordinator
George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum
2943 SMU Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75205
Phone: 214-346-1650 Fax: 214-346-1699
Top of Page