Effective October 1, 2017, the research room will only accept payment by check or credit card.
Research Room Hours
Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - noon & 1 - 4:30 p.m.
Closed Saturday, Sunday, and Federal holidays
You do not need to purchase
an admission ticket unless
you are visiting the Museum.
Your Research Visit
Researchers are encouraged to contact the Library before making a research visit, so staff may be better prepared to assist you. When you arrive at the Library, enter at the main entrance and report to the Admissions Desk. A clerk will notify an archivist who will help you begin your research.
- Anyone can use the Research Room; you do not need to be an American citizen or present credentials or a letter of recommendation.
- Regulations for using the National Archives.
- You must be 14 years old to do research, unless you receive special permission or are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- New researchers will be issued a researcher identification card. You must have a valid photo ID to obtain a researcher ID card.
- New researchers are required to view an orientation presentation before working with any records.
- Use the Finding Aids to view open records currently available for research.
President George W. Bush runs with U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Christian Bagge of Eugene, Oregon, on the South Lawn, June 27, 2006. President Bush met Sgt. Bagge at Brooke Army Medical Center January 1, 2006, where he promised to run with Sgt. Bagge after the soldier's recovery.
Courtesy George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum. (P062706ED-0139)
Research Room Fees
NOTE: As of October 1, 2017, the Research Room will only accept payment by check or credit card.
- Self-Service Photocopies (standard size) - 25¢ per page
- Self-Service Photocopies (oversize) - 50¢ per page
- Photocopy orders completed by NARA Staff - 80¢ per page
- CD of images from digital camera - $5 per CD
The Library and Museum is a Federal agency; weapons are not allowed in the building. Upon entry, all visitors must pass through a security check with a metal detector. All bags are X-rayed, and possibly, searched by security staff. All weapons will be confiscated by security staff and not returned. This includes all guns, all knives, multipurpose tools, stun-guns, and any other items considered as less-than lethal weapons.
All bags (including, but not limited to handbags, backpacks, totes, camera bags, and briefcases) are X-rayed and possibly searched by security staff. Inform the security staff that you are conducting research so your bag may be stowed in a locker in the Researcher Orientation Room. To enter the Research Room, all bags must be stowed in a locker.
George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum
2943 SMU Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75205
General Inquiries: email@example.com
Top of Page