For exhibit information or assistance, ask one of our friendly Docents. These volunteer guides wear navy blazers.
- Weekday afternoons are the least crowded.
- Allow approximately 1 ½ hours minimum to tour the Museum.
- Upon arrival, be prepared for Security Check, then go directly to the Admissions Desk. A clerk will help you get started with your visit.
To make your experience safe and enjoyable, be prepared for the Security Check. The Library and Museum is a Federal agency; weapons are not allowed in the building. Upon entry, all visitors must pass through a security check with a metal detector. All bags will be X-rayed, and possibly, searched. All weapons will be confiscated and not returned. This includes all guns, all knives, multipurpose tools, pepper spray, and stun-guns. All bags larger than 19" tall x 10" wide x 9" deep require check-in to the coat room. Ask a Docent (volunteer guide) for assistance.
Only animals defined by the ADA as Service Animals are allowed into the Museum. Pets are not allowed.
- The Museum is fully accessible according to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Wheelchairs are available free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis. Ask a Docent (volunteer guide) for assistance.
- Wheelchairs cannot leave the Museum's secure area. They cannot be taken to Cafe 43, the Museum Store, to the street for pick-up or drop-off, or to the Freedom Plaza fountain.
- Video presentations are closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- Only animals defined by the ADA as Service Animals are allowed into the Museum.
- Pets are not allowed inside the building; however, they are allowed in the Native Texas Park.
- Motorized scooters are allowed.
Handheld audio guides are included in admission. Check out the Bush Center’s Mobile App, with information about the Museum galleries, films, and video and audio tours, prior to visiting the Museum.
Flash photography is prohibited. Please ask a Docent (volunteer guide) if there are photography restrictions in the special exhibits.
Chaperones must remain with younger visitors when in the exhibit galleries, classroom, Cafe43 and courtyard, and Museum Store as well as when on the Bush Center grounds.
The Bush Center Museum Store offers memorabilia, apparel, and gifts. For details, call 214-200-4304.
Food and beverages including candy, gum, and water bottles are prohibited in the Museum. Dining options at the Bush Center include Cafe 43, a full service restaurant, and the casual, outdoor Courtyard Cafe.
See News and Events and Classroom Resources for information about special Library and Museum programming.
Save BIG $ on Museum admission tickets, plus 3 more top Dallas attractions. Dallas CityPASS includes admission to the Perot Museum of Nature and Science, Reunion Tower GeO-Deck, and the Dallas Zoo OR The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza. The pass is valid for 9 days. Purchase online or at the Museum Admissions Desk.
Contact the Visitor Services Coordinator if you have questions.
Visitor Services Coordinator
George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum
2943 SMU Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75205
Phone: 214-346-1650 Fax: 214-346-1699
Visitor Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Top of Page