Research Room Hours
Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - noon & 1 - 4:30 p.m.
Closed Saturday, Sunday, and Federal holidays
You do not need to purchase
an admission ticket unless
you are visiting the Museum.
Your Research Visit
We encourage researchers to contact the Library before making a research visit. When you arrive at the Library, please enter at the main entrance and report to the Admissions Desk. A clerk will notify an archivist who will help you begin your research.
- Anyone can use the Research Room. You do not need to be an American citizen or present credentials or a letter of recommendation.
- Read about Regulations for Using the National Archives.
- You need to be 14 years old to do research, unless you receive special permission or are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- All new researchers will be issued a researcher identification card. You must have a valid photo ID to obtain a researcher ID card.
- All new researchers will view an orientation presentation before working with any records.
- View the Finding Aids for open records currently available for research.
President George W. Bush runs with U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Christian Bagge of Eugene, Oregon, on the South Lawn, June 27, 2006. President Bush met Sgt. Bagge at Brooke Army Medical Center January 1, 2006, where he promised to run with Sgt. Bagge after the soldier's recovery.
Courtesy George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum. (P062706ED-0139)
Research Room Fees
- Self-Service Photocopies (standard size) - 25¢ per page
- Self-Service Photocopies (oversize) - 50¢ per page
- Photocopy orders completed by NARA Staff - 80¢ per page
- CD of images from digital camera - $5 per CD
To make your experience safe and enjoyable, be prepared for the Security Check. The Library and Museum is a Federal agency; weapons are not allowed in the building. Upon entry, all visitors must pass through a security check with a metal detector. All bags will be X-rayed, and possibly, searched by security staff. All weapons will be confiscated by security staff and not returned. This includes all guns, all knives, multipurpose tools, stun-guns, and any other items considered as less-than lethal weapons.
All bags (including, but not limited to handbags, backpacks, satchels, totes, camera bags, briefcases, and travel bags) will be x-rayed and possibly searched by security staff. Inform the security staff that you are conducting research if you would like to keep your bag in a locker in the Researcher Orientation Room (an archivist will assist you). To enter the Research Room, all bags, regardless of size, must be kept in a locker.
Contacting the Library
George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum
2943 SMU Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75205
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Top of Page